If you are considering remodeling or refurbishing your patio, deck, walkway or driveway; one of the first things you will have to decide on is the material that you would like to use for this project. Stamped concrete is one choice and gravel or concrete can also be used. But if you are looking for functionality and aesthetics rolled into one, interlocking pavers are the right choice for you. Cool Concrete has used this material in a number of projects in and around Idaho and has created spaces that are a pleasure to look at, practical to use.
Why Use Interlocking Pavers?
These interlocking pavers are available in a range of colors, shapes and designs and various patterns can be created by interlocking them on a compacted sand bed. Let’s take a look at what makes these pavers the best choice for outdoor spaces in your home:
- Durability- Interlocking pavers have a very high load bearing capacity. This lends them durability and strength. Gravel is not permanent and asphalt also tends to deteriorate over time. On the other hand, concrete pavers can last a lifetime on patio areas, driveways and pathways.
- Flexibility- Since interlocking pavers are individual units, they offer a great deal of flexibility. Not just in terms of the designs that you can create but also in terms of resilience. They do not crack in the manner that a concrete surface will and can weather the elements much better. There are no chances of shrinkage, cracking and distortion which adds to the longevity of this material.
- Maintenance- These pavers are very easy to maintain. In the event that they get stained, simple steam or power washing can bring back their original look. If they are sealed well, the pavers will not get stained easily.
- Repair- Though interlocking pavers are extremely strong and sturdy, in case there is any damage, those specific units can be replaced very easily. This also makes the repairs very cost-effective for you. If you have gravel in your driveway, regular filling will be required as the surface becomes uneven over time.
- Aesthetics- In addition to all the other benefits that interlocking pavers offer, they also look amazingly attractive and add to the aesthetics of any place that they are installed in. The fact that they are available in a range of colors and designs makes it easy to match them to existing design and color concepts in your home.
The Best Choice
With so many benefits, it’s no surprise that a number of homeowners across Idaho now prefer to install interlocking pavers in different outdoor areas on their properties. If you have any questions or need a quote for a paving project, feel free to contact Cool Concrete. We will provide you with the best quotes and the highest quality service.